Sunday, July 11, 2010

Catching up with technology

I don't know if I'm showing my age or my lack of being absorbed by the computer or what, but I have just learned about bloglines. I have discovered that the experience is comparable to finding good websites, podcasts, or anything else to follow.

I originally selected five blogs, but narrowed down to four. The one I deleted was the Shifted Librarian as it was too busy with a good number of entries that didn't provide me with any good information. It seemed too much like a general conversation that didn't mean anything. However, I did add a podcast, The Genealogy Guys. I attempted to add a 2nd podcast, but even though I indicated to add it to my Genealogy Podcast folder, it didn't go there. I'm still working on that one.

I'm still going through Books news (guardian.co.uk), Library Stuff, Publishers Weekly and ResourceShelf and so far, I like what I'm seeing. I also like Clippings. This is, all in all, pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment