Saturday, January 30, 2010

Finishing a fiction

I have just completed the first fiction book. It was little bit of a struggle, but I have managed and survived to tell about it! I am proud of myself. I have never really gone out of the box before and this class is causing me to do so. That's a good thing. I'm still playing catch-up in learning things, but am working on it.

I am watching a movie right now and the husband has left a note for his wife stating 'if you like junk, you will like the cellar.' You see, his wife had been studying archeology. To him, if the item is not being used, it's junk. But to her, it's history, his history. And that is how I feel about things from the past. Those things tell us a great deal about who we are and from where we came. When I am at an antique store and come across old pictures, I always wonder who those people were, what they were like and where their family is now. I am glad I have been given photos of some family ancestors. I hope to collect some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment