Thursday, January 21, 2010

Me and what I read


My name is Cathi and I just joined the class tonight. I am one of those folks that is collecting unemployment for the past year. I am making my 3rd career change and being that genealogist/historian is where I am heading. I presently volunteer at the Indiana State Library and will be working on the Indiana Memory project beginning next week. I also review recorded books for the Indiana Talking Library so those who are visually impaired or physically unable to hold a book can 'read'.

My reading habits are in the non-fiction arena, specifically American history. It fits in with the genealogy aspect of my life. Knowing the events that have taken place provides me with a better understanding of my ancestors and the world that affected their lives. I don't read fiction and haven't since elementary school. The last fiction I read was Nancy Drew. It's not that I hate fiction; it's just that I don't care for the fantasy that goes along with the historical events in historical novels. Even though I read Nancy Drew, I would also check out biographies in elementary school. So please be patient with me.

1 comment: